How will FMIS benefit Line Ministries, Entities and Sub-National Administration?
Up until the 21st of February 2018, FMIS Management Working Group (FMWG) have supported many FMIS users at the 10 Line Ministries (LM) and the 10 fully Authorized Budget Entity (ABE) from the Ministry of Economy and Finance and the Ministry of Environment throughout the entire process. Not long afterwards, specifically starting from March 2018, FMWG will begin their mission to gather information and conduct a site survey of FMIS user at 25 Provincial Department of Economy and Finance (PDEF). Meanwhile, in order to have a better insight of the benefits of FMIS, we would like to raise 8 benefits that stakeholders involved will receive upon implementing the information system to successfully manage public finance. The benefits are as follow:
- Strengthen institutional transparency and the ownership on budget management and implementation;
- Save resources through procedural reduction;
- Monitor the budget effectiveness from the ministries, departments and sub-national entities through a timely financial report;
- Attain a foundation to re-evaluate current business process that hinders or slows down budget implementation;
- Efficiency in managing and implementing program budgeting through the budget classification within the system;
- Efficiency in monitoring budget credit for the ministerial level, department and sub-national entities in a timely manner.
- Use the system as an automation on the business process. In fact, in the initial stage, the manual work will remain in place, however the streamlining will occur gradually.
- Monitor the budget implementation through the workflow (from submitting, to checking and approving)